The April Box includes
- SHIRT - The April shirt for Cheluna Brewing Company features a "Stone Grey" shirt, which we think looks like a heathery sage grey color. Embracing the Latino background of Cheluna we went with a Dia De Los Muertos style design.
- COUPON - Head into the Tasting room and get 1/2 off a crowler fill when you buy a pint.
- STICKER - The sticker this month features the breweries flagship logo.
- TAP IT TUESDAY - The event this month will be Tuesday April 25th from 5pm-8pm at the Brewery! Enjoy 25% off Pints.
- REFER A FRIEND - Give this card to a friend who loves craft beer! They get $5 off their first box with the coupon code PLUS you get a free month for referring them!
About the Brewery
Cheluna's tag line is "Focus on the Good." At Cheluna, we focus on the good in our beer craft, in our customers and in our community. Step into our tasting room and you'll be transported to a rustic Oaxacan inspired cantina. Our beers and our taproom feature inspiration drawn from our owner/brewer's Mexican-American roots.
We wanted to convey the idea of our business, a Mexican-inspired brewery, with our name. Cheluna is a combination of both 'chela' and 'luna'. Chela is a slang word for beer, widely used throughout Mexico. Luna is the Spanish word for moon, which is in our sun/moon logo. The logo connotes the idea of balance, which is an important element in all beers we create. In addition to connoting balance, the sun/moon logo we've chosen is commonly seen in art and decor throughout Mexico.
Javi has been brewing since the late 1980s, when he began brewing in Berkeley, California, with his brother Victor and their friend John Ramirez. As a child, Javi was fascinated with science and, thanks to his parents, Espi and Javier, he spent many hours working with chemistry kits and microscopes from their neighborhood hobby shop in Lakewood, California, where Javi was born and raised. In addition to his preoccupation with science, Javi was also interested in cooking, and checked out many cookbooks from their local library. He used to fall asleep reading them at night!
It turns out that brewing is a great way to combine a love of science and the creativity of cooking, and after more than 25 years of home brewing and over a decade of working as an emergency room physician, Javi is lucky enough to put five decades of life experience, energy, and hard work into Cheluna Brewing Company.
We are proud to actively contribute to our greater community and support many schools and non-profits through donations and community service hours, and we look forward to meeting and serving you soon!